The RM of De Salaberry is recruiting for a Facility Operator for the St. Malo Arena.
Under the general direction of the Recreation Facilities Coordinator, the Facility Operator is responsible for performing duties related to the operation and maintenance of the St. Malo Arena facility.
About the role:
- Seasonal from October to April (approximately 30-40 hours/week)
- Afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Hours may vary to accommodate ice rental schedules
- Some heavy lifting involved up to 50 lbs
- Expected start date: Immediately
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of basic machinery, equipment and vehicle operation and repair.
- Ability to express themselves clearly and respectfully in conversations and interactions with public and staff
- Bilingual an asset but not required
- Ability to multitask and work independently.
- Demonstrates sound work ethic
- Ability to work under physically strenuous conditions that include lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects and must handle these activities with the proper health and safety measures
- Willingness to work under cold weather conditions
- Ensures that all decisions and actions comply with the relevant legislation, by-laws, policies and procedures
• Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License
• High school diploma is preferred but not required
• First Aid / CPR (preferred)
• Criminal Record Check
• Child Abuse Registry Check
- Prepares ice surface and maintains arena equipment
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of overall facility equipment.
- Operate and monitor refrigeration plant, following all regulations and safety procedures. Training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and ensures overall cleanliness of facilities, both interior and exterior including parking lots.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and standards are followed
- Keeps track of schedules for ice times for all minor hockey, recreation hockey, public skating, school skating.
- Other operational duties as assigned by the Recreation Facility Coordinator.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume (via-fax, email, or mail) to the RM of De Salaberry as soon as possible. Please indicate “Arena Facility Operator”. The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Start date for this position is as soon as possible.
The successful applicants will be paid according to the municipal salary grid and based on qualifications and experience.
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
RM of De Salaberry Attention Recreation Facilities Coordinator
Box 40 St. Pierre-Jolys, MB R0A 1V0 Email: email@example.com Fax: 204-433-7063