Services for Employers
The Community Employment & Resource Centre (CERC) offers bilingual employment assistance to employers residing in Southeast Manitoba, including the bilingual towns along the Red River (St. Jean-Baptiste, St. Joseph, Letellier and Ste. Agathe).
We believe that…
Together, in collaboration with employers and community stakeholders we can best achieve healthy economic goals and improve the well-being of our small communities.
To improve and promote the economic and social well-being of our communities we assist rural entrepreneurs and organizations by:
- Receiving labour market information from entrepreneurs to better respond to their needs
- Posting job openings on the Service Canada Job Bank and on our Job Board
- Assisting in recruiting and matching appropriate candidates with current job openings
- Assisting with Targeted Wage Subsidy applications and project proposals for Employment Manitoba programs
- Providing Human Resources related information on topics such as: interviewing questions, job descriptions, reference checks and employee performance reviews
- Facilitating and coordinating workshops as requested by employers such as: employee retention strategies, conflict resolution and other workplace training needs
- Partnering and working with community stakeholders, entrepreneurs and colleges to assist with shortages of qualified workers by bringing in work-related educational programs such as: Health Care Aide, Trade Exploration program, computer courses, customer service workshops
- Initiating, developing and conducting labour market studies to determine potential growth, community trends, high demand occupations, training needs and new businesses in the regions
Tips for Employers
Our services are free.
For more information contact the CERC office.