Parks and recreation programs provide places for health and well-being that are accessible by persons of all ages and abilities, especially to those with disabilities.
About the role:
- Responsible for performing duties related to the operation and maintenance of the Village Municipal Recreation facilities
- Minimum of 40 hours a week
- Evenings and weekends depending on season
Skills and Competencies:
Technical skills – knowledge of basic machinery, equipment, and vehicle operation.
Communication Skills – ability to express themselves clearly and respectfully in conversations and interactions with public, staff and council members, ability to use a computer and have experience with Outlook and other programs. Bilingual an asset.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills – ability to tackle a problem by using a logical and systemic approach; ability to read and follow manuals; ability to manage time and tasks for themselves and for their staff
Interpersonal Skills – ability to work co-operatively with others; ability to responsibly work independently; ability to promote a positive workplace. Ability to adjust to a variety of jobs and tasks as needed.
Community Building Skills – demonstrate a dedication to the job and the community. Demonstrates the willingness to flex their hours to accommodate ice rentals. Ability to focus on the desired result of their work and seize positive opportunities.
- Demonstrate sound work ethic
- Ability to work under physically strenuous conditions that include lifting and pulling and must handle these activities with the proper health and safety measures
- Willingness to work under a variety of conditions including cold weather and take all necessary precautions to protect themselves from these conditions.
- Ability to work independently and manage time.
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- First Aid / CPR an asset
- Equipment Operator Experience an Asset
- Valid Class 3 Drivers Licence and or Class 5 with Air Endorsement an asset
- Level 1 Refrigeration an asset
- Parks & Recreation and or Arena experience an asset
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building and grounds maintenance, and equipment maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and Outlook an asset
- Bilingual (French & English) an Asset
- Prep and maintain ice surfaces at the arena.
- Maintain all hall equipment and ensure proper set up and take down for events.
- Ensure that all cleaning and sanitizing is completed as needed and as per procedure and policies.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and ensure overall cleanliness of facilities, both interior and exterior including parking lot.
- Ensure that all decisions and actions comply with the relevant legislation, by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Report to the Parks & Recreation Facility Operator
- Ensure that all safety procedures and standards are followed.
- Keep Parks & Recreation Facility Operator updated on the happenings of the Recreation Center and parks.
- Perform tasks associated with seasonal operations of facility and grounds including outdoor skating rinks, pathway, sport grounds, and playground equipment, splash pad, etc.
- Handles some communications as they relate to facility rentals in a respectful and responsible way.
- Under the advisement of the Parks & Recreation Facility Operator, answers public requests, inquiries and or complaints, ensuring a high standard of service to public and keeps Parks & Recreation Facility Operator updated.
- Ensure that vending machines are stocked and cleaned regularly.
- Keep track of schedules for ice times for all minor hockey, public skating, public hockey, baseball, slo-pitch, and camping under the advisement of the Parks & Recreation Facility Operator.
- Performs routine checks, servicing, cleaning, and basic maintenance of equipment within the department.
- Responds to emergency situations after normal working hours, assess the need for mobilizing equipment and manpower needed to address the situation in an expedient and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with ice installation, maintenance and removal.
- Operates and maintains the overall facility equipment.
- Operates and monitors refrigeration plant, following all regulations and safety procedures.
- Recommends new initiatives, changes to programs/services, or changes that will improve efficiency or service delivery.
- If required during off-season, works under the direction of the Public Works Foreman to help maintain Parc Carillon.
- Collects weekly water samples in facilities.
- Operates equipment such as skid steer, lawnmowers, Zamboni, etc.
- Some cash handling required.
- Other duties as assigned
How to apply:
Email, mail, drop off :
Box 218, St-Pierre-Jolys, MB R0A 1V0
For drop off or mail please put in a sealed envelope and mark ATTN: CAO
If you have any further questions, contact us at :