The RM of De Salaberry is recruiting for a Municipal Planner / Development Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Municipal Planner / Development Officer is responsible for implementing multiple concurrent applications and providing the necessary information to various groups (Council, public, administration, other levels of government) involved in the area of municipal planning and development.
Qualifications / Education and / or Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in planning and development and/or related municipal experience;
- Post secondary education in the area of planning or a related field or relevant experience
Skills necessary for the position:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing (English and French preferred)
- Experience in policy and by-law writing;
- Knowledge of current standards, policies, procedures, legislation and trends affecting municipal planning and land use;
- Ability to utilize Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and mapping software (e.g. MuniSight Webmap);
- Review development applications to determine compliance with the municipal Development Plan, Zoning By-law, and other planning and development related by-laws and policies;
- Prepare and manage development agreements as required;
- Prepare reports and present to Municipal Council regarding development applications at Public Hearings and Council Meetings;
- Act as a primary contact and respond to planning and development related inquiries from the public, elected officials, municipal staff and provincial government agencies;
- Research and review relevant by-laws and policies to keep Municipal Council and Administration up to date;
- Review and update various planning and development related bylaws, policies, website content, guidance materials and internal procedures;
- Liaise with CAO, Municipal Council and provincial government officials as required for various projects.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume (via-fax, email, or mail) to the RM of De Salaberry as soon as possible. Only the successful candidates will be contacted. Please indicate “Municipal Planner / Development Officer” in the application.
RM of De Salaberry
St. Pierre-Jolys, MB R0A 1V0
Only those considered for employment will be contacted.
If you have any other questions or require anymore assistance, please contact us at 204-712-3200 or email@example.com and we would be happy to help!
Post a comment