Under the general direction of the Parks & Recreation Facility Operator, is responsible for performing duties related to the operation and maintenance of the Village Municipal Recreation facilities.
About the role:
- Term position
- Closing date: Dec 14th, 2023 by 3:00 pm
- Maximum of 40 hrs. biweekly evenings and weekends
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- First Aid / CPR an asset
- Equipment Operator Experience an Asset
- Parks & Recreation and or Arena experience an asset
- Working knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs and Outlook an asset
- Bilingual (French & English) an Asset
- Maintain and clean recreation center equipment
- Setup and take down for hall events
- Prep and maintain the ice surface
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and ensure overall cleanliness of facilities, both interior and exterior.
- Operates Zamboni, etc.
- Ensure that safety procedures and inspections are completed regularly
- Other duties as assigned
- Full job description available on the website under careers
- Technical skills – knowledge of basic machinery, equipment, and vehicle operation.
- Communication Skills – ability to express themselves clearly and respectfully in conversations and interactions with the public, staff, and council members, ability to use a computer and have experience with Outlook and other programs. Being bilingual is an asset.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills – ability to tackle a problem by using a logical and systemic approach; ability to read and follow manuals; ability to manage time and tasks for themselves and for their staff
- Interpersonal Skills – ability to work cooperatively with others; ability to responsibly work independently; ability to promote a positive workplace. Ability to adjust to a variety of jobs and tasks as needed.
- Community Building Skills – demonstrate a dedication to the job and the community. Demonstrates the willingness to flex their hours to accommodate ice rentals. Ability to focus on the desired result of their work and seize positive opportunities.
How to apply:
Email, mail, drop off
Box 218, St. Pierre-Jolys, MB R0A 1V0
For drop off or mail please put it in a sealed envelope and mark ATTN: CAO
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 204-712-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you!