Elections Manitoba is the office of the Chief Electoral Officer of Manitoba. The responsibilities of the office are as follows:
- Operate free of political influence
- Conduct Manitoba’s provincial elections, by-elections and referendums
- Ensure all eligible citizens have the opportunity to vote
- Promote public awareness of voting and the electoral process
- Help political participants comply with election rule and put The Elections Act and The Election Financing Act into action recommend improvements to existing legislation Elections Manitoba also provides research and administrative support to Manitoba’s Electoral Divisions Boundaries Commission.
MISSION AND GOALS
To ensure the democratic rights of all Manitobans through the conduct of free and fair elections, by ensuring compliance with political financing laws and by enhancing public confidence in and awareness of the electoral process.
About the role:
- Casual Term from August 2023 to October 2023
- Salary: Minimum wage plus $6.00 per hour
- Closing Date: February 16, 2023
- 1 vacancy
- Office location to be determined!
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The incumbent must be, and remain, politically non-partisan in both perception and fact
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Security Check
- Experience with training, facilitation and/or group leadership including providing direction and guidance
- Ability to deliver a pre-prepared training program
- Proficiency with computers and technology and the ability to troubleshoot basic problems such as logging in, browsing, using bar code scanners
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to work in a busy and deadline driven environment
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills to provide coaching and guidance in a busy and demanding environment.
- Flexibility, in dates and hours of work.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, and stand for extended periods of times.
- Knowledge of French
- Experience working in an election
- Under the general supervision of the returning officer (RO) and the assistant returning officer (ARO), the training supervisor (TS) is appointed in each electoral division for to train election officers. The TS conducts in-person scenario-based training with election officers to prepare them for their role. Training includes online training and technology-based processes for voting advance voting and on election day. The TS must remain impartial in all dealings during an electoral event and not engage in any partisan activity. The TS must complete a satisfactory security check. The TS may be required to travel throughout the electoral division.
How to apply:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE
AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their cover letter or
resumé if they are from any of the following groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities or
persons with disabilities.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
Send cover letter and resume to AROLaVerendrye@electionsManitoba.ca
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 204-945-7614.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 204-712-3200 and we would be happy to assist you!