Elections Manitoba is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly responsible for delivering free and fair provincial elections. All employees with Elections Manitoba (EM) must be non-partisan in perception and fact, and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- The senior voting officer is responsible for overseeing the overall operation of a polling place that may have
several polling stations and one or two vote counting machines (tabulators). This includes set-up, voting
processes, counting, reporting results, packing up all equipment and supplies. The position will be a key
liaison with voters, representatives of political parties/candidates (scrutineers) and other staff. The senior
voting officer is required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Minimum wage plus $6.00
- Paid training
- A T4 slip is issued for money earned.
- Multiple locations throughout the Electoral Division
- Must be available to work a 14-hour day (7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
- Proficiency with computers and technology and the ability to troubleshoot basic problems such as logging in, browsing, using bar code scanners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Reliable and competent
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Available to work a 14-hour or more day
- Persons with a criminal record incurred in the last five years do not qualify
- As an employee, the voting officer is not allowed to engage in any partisan political activity from the time the oath of office is taken for the position at Elections Manitoba until after election day (such activity will result in immediate cancellation of appointment)
- Communicates no bias or opinion on the election while at the polling station
- Answers only those questions relating to the process of the election (e.g., voting hours).
How to apply:
To apply click the link below and follow the instructions:
If you have any other questions or need any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 204-712-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you!