Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC) is a non-profit, charitable organization that operates four community justice programs: El’dad Ranch, Touchstone, Open Circle, and CoSA. These programs support people with intellectual disabilities, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), and those who are currently, or have been previously, incarcerated. IJC is committed to restorative justice practices, which honour the community and foster a sense of belonging.
IJC supports many Indigenous and culturally diverse participants. As an organization, we acknowledge our need to strive toward a workforce that is a representation of the communities we serve. We value diversity and aim to foster an inclusive work culture where everyone’s contributions and personal development matter.
El’dad Ranch is a growing, dynamic, innovative program of Initiatives for Just Communities. With over 100 employees, El’dad provides opportunities to contribute and develop within the organization, fostering a work environment where individuals can make a positive difference in the lives of others.
El’dad Day Program provides group work, one-to-one support, and mentorship for multiple individuals. We Support participants to achieve life skills, education, and vocational training for men and women with intellectual disabilities.
About the role :
- 75 hours biweekly
- Day Shifts: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Mondays to Fridays
- $14.45 – $17.36 per hour
- There will be a three-month probationary period based on accumulated FTE.
- Full-time, hourly position.
- IJC group benefits package after the probation period.
- Employee and Family Assistance Services.
- Paid Sick Leave.
- Respect confidentiality throughout the programs.
- Work and communicate successfully in a team setting.
- Make independent decisions within the general framework of program policies.
- Work collaborative and respectfully and provide direction to a diverse team.
- Work collaboratively with individuals representing various cultures, ideals, values, and belief systems.
- Exercise patience and flexibility.
- Ascribe to and support the mission and vision of the programs of IJC.
- Communicate and implement the IJC vision.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract.
- Complete a criminal record check, with a vulnerable sector check and an adult and child abuse registry check.
- Grade 10 English level skills including interpersonal, oral, and written communication.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- First Aid/ CPR is a requirement and offered by IJC/El’dad Ranch upon hiring.
- Able to work on their feet and able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Think critically and problem-solve independently.
- Experience or education working in the social services field.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the perspective of people who have intellectual challenges.
- Basic knowledge in gardening, cooking, cleaning, woodlot operations, operating equipment, craft, painting, etc.
- Support participants in developing life skills and achieving personal goals.
- Build a positive relationship with program participants.
- Support participants’ needs while assisting with the development and implementation of vocational training programs.
- Ensure the health and safety of program participants
- Assess risk and set safe & appropriate boundaries.
- Provide daily feedback and coach participants.
- Train and support participants in the operation, maintenance and safe use of equipment.
- Work together with participants in a variety of skill-building projects
- Daily maintenance of equipment.
- Complete all required written documentation with accuracy, objectivity, and timely fashion.
How to apply:
Apply by email to email@example.com. Please refer to DP DSW Recruitment in the email title.
If you have any other questions, please contact us and we would be happy to assist you.