The Finance Administrator provides support to and sometimes acts in the capacity of the CAO for the
Village de St Pierre Jolys. This position reports to the CAO.
The Finance Administrator implements and delivers programs and services that are approved by the
council and directed by the CAO.
The Finance Administrator provides information to the CAO and council as needed as well as
outstanding customer service to all citizens, businesses and visitors.
About the role:
- Expect a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
- Bilingual is an asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Being Bilingual is an asset;
- Knowledge of finance administration;
- Administering Payroll experience
- Experience in a Municipal setting
- Able to work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions;
- The ability to work alone, motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment upon request at the Municipal Office;
- Technical skills – knowledge of municipal administration. Proficient in the use of core business
software, i.e., Microsoft Suite and online tools such as All-Net. Knowledge of bookkeeping and
management of financials.
- Communication Skills – ability to express themselves clearly and respectfully in conversations and
interactions with public, co-workers and all levels of government
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills – ability to tackle a problem by using a logical and systemic
approach; anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action;
- Leadership Skills – ability to work co-operatively with others to produce innovative solutions;
- Managing Change Skills – ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational
changes needed to improve the municipality’s effectiveness; initiate, sponsor and implement
organizational change; and help others to successfully manage organizational change.
- Goal- Oriented Skills – ability to focus on the desired result. Seizes positive opportunities that will
benefit the Village.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the CAO, responds to tax inquiries and other financial
- Attends meetings with the CAO as directed
- Performs payroll duties and provides up to date information on all leave credits and personnel
information to CAO
- Performs accounts payable as directed by CAO
- Ensures that all the by-laws, resolutions and records of the village are filed in accordance with
the requirements of the legislation and available for viewing.
- Recommends to CAO new initiatives, changes to programs/services, or changes to the
organizational structure that will improve efficiency or service delivery.
- Answers public requests, inquiries and or complaints, ensuring a high standard of service to
ratepayers and citizens and keep CAO informed of such
- Responsible to assist the CAO in the upkeep of plans, policies, programs, by-laws and
regulations established by elected officials and by various provincial statutes.
- Makes the necessary arrangements for bookings and registrations for hotels, meetings,
- Works closely with the CAO to prepare the annual financial plan and keeps up to date on all
- Prepares documents and reports and works with auditors
- Manage Option Pay credit card system
- Maintains inventory of office supplies
- Some cash handling required.
- Provides telephone and front office reception services
- Preparing correspondence, documents & reports
- Assists with the postings for job opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
How to apply:
If you believe this is the position for you, please submit your resume today, in the strictest confidence to:
- In Person to the Municipal Office at the above location
- By mail to Box 218, St. Pierre-Jolys, MB R0A 1V0
- By email to email@example.com
All Envelopes marked “APPLICATION – ASSITANT CAO POSITION” ATTN: Tina Bubenzer
*PLEASE CALL AND CONFIRM RECEIPT OF YOUR APPLICATION*
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 9th, 2023 by 4 p.m. no applications accepted after 4 p.m.
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 204-712-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you!