About the role:
- Full time
- 18-to-20-month term position
- Fluency in both French and English, written and oral, is considered an
- The Assistant Chief Administrative Officer, under the general direction of the Chief Administrative
Officer, is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Municipality.
- The Assistant Chief Administrative Officer is responsible for receiving and managing the flow of
information, providing administrative services and customer service, the management and
supervision of three (3) full-time administrative staff and replacing the Chief Administrative Officer,
as necessary. The position also works alongside the Public Works Manager providing
- Must have Grade 12 Diploma;
- Minimum of three-year experience working in municipal government or equivalent;
- College or University education in Business Administration and/or Accounting considered
- Tact and discretion are required to deal with or settle requests, complaints or clarification
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team and to meet
- Ability to work with user groups and the general public.
Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting software, GIS mapping systems, as well
as any other software application that may be implemented from time to time;
Ability to use all office equipment.
- Set and maintain a tone of efficient and cheerful service to the public
- Represent the Municipality in a professional and effective manner
- Coordinate the prompt and proper handling of all requests, inquiries or complaints by the
- Maintain effective relationships with external levels of government and stakeholders
- Answering of correspondence, including drafting and typing letters, notices, etc.
- Completion of grant applications
- Provide telephone and front office reception support when needed
- Prepare tax statement and supplementary tax statement reports and assist with
municipal tax statements production annually
- General administrative duties as assigned
Assistance to CAO
- Draft by-laws, policies, resolutions, agreements, contracts, etc. in accordance with
legislation and under direction of CAO
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of policies and programs approved by Council, evaluate and recommend changes
- Assist in ensuring that the by-laws and minutes of Council Meetings and all other
records and books of account of the Municipality are kept and safe in accordance with the Municipal Act
- Attend the monthly Local Urban District of St. Malo Committee meetings as the
administrator and assist with preparing meeting agendas and minutes.
- Assist the committee with preparing the annual service plan and presentation
- Monitor expenditures within the approved budget
- Management and leadership of office staff (3)
- Provide initial and on-going training to office staff to remain current
- Delegates and assigns duties and tasks to applicable office staff, as required
- Process culvert and drainage applications, including tracking, ordering surveys,
provincial licensing and ensuring completion of projects
- Draft tenders, request for proposals, request for quotations, notice of procurement, etc.
and advertise as per municipal policy and applicable trade agreements
- Assist with the purchase of equipment
- Assist the Public Works Manager with writing and preparing reports
- Processing of all general public works administration matters
- Support and application of GIS mapping software
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
Individuals are invited to submit a resume marked “Assistant Chief
Administrative Officer” with a cover letter and wage expectations in
Denise Parent – Chief Administrative Officer
Box 40, St. Pierre-Jolys, Manitoba, R0A 1V0
Fax – 1-204-433-7063 Email – email@example.com
*This job opportunity will stay open until a successful candidate is found.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further
consideration will be contacted.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-712-3200.